Design + Validate
Performance compensation programs need to work as intended. We provide new program design and existing or in-development program validation.
Designing, and building, are two different things. The better the plan, the better the outcome: but blue-printing an enterprise is different than actually building it. Fixing structural flaws is simply faster, lower cost and less risky when done in the design phase.
That truth applies to integrated performance compensation plans: especially when they fully-engage and integrate your workforce, consumers, supply chain, and distribution channels.
Since the late 1980’s, our team has built and implemented multiple thousands of compensation plans, serving millions of participants. We’ve learned what designs and features work, and many that don’t. Some compensation plan designers don’t participate in actual program implementation, or in the medium- and long-term outcomes (or consequences) of their designs, so they don’t have to live in the ‘house’ that gets built: we do, and have.
Program Design: We will architect your desired performance compensation and reward program, or
Program Validation: We will “pre-implementation reality-check” a program you’ve had otherwise designed, and provide analysis and recommendations on how to adapt it to be successfully implemented, and successfully administered post-deployment.
Workforce and Business Unit Program Design and Validation:
- Sales revenue production, opportunity management, sales management
- Sales activities, results, volumes, revenues, mix, distributions
- Referrals, referral-to-sales, and referral productivity, intra- and inter-business unit
- Customer service, satisfaction and retention
- Service quality, time-to-resolution, error rates, accuracy, and service management
- Asset and liability quality, risk ratios, loss ratios, volatility
- Business Unit Productivity, profitability, yield, output, efficiency, cost optimization
- Performance ratings, competencies, training, and project-to-completion
- Revenue Recognition: performance obligations, judgments/estimates, contract balances, revenue adjustments
- MBOs and related bonuses
- Cash- and non-cash-based: all plans
- Reward and recognition programs
- Special Performance Incentives (SPIFFs)
- Merit Pay programs: individual and group
- Equity compensation programs; short-, medium-, long-term
- Revenue and profit sharing, fee splits, distributions
- Percentage, flat rate, one-time and recurring commissions
- Recoverable and non-recoverable draws
- Accelerators, qualifiers, and caps; Manager overrides at all hierarchy levels
- Lookback and pay-forward pay-outs, charge-back and prior period adjustment accounting
Customer, Client and Member Program Design and Validation:
- Portfolio/relationship penetration, retention, enhancement, and profitability
- Customer loyalty, frequent-buyer
- Referrals and conversion-to-sales
- Net Promoter Score
- Cash, points, in-kind
Supply Chain Participant Program Design and Validation:
- Sales and revenue production
- Referrals and conversion-to-sales
- Service quality, productivity, and yield
- Perfect order, cycle times, days-of-supply, billing accuracy
- Trade promotions
- Marketing campaign management productivity
- Co-operative Advertising
- Revenue Distributions
- Cost Allocations
Distribution Channel Participant Program Design and Validation:
- Channel affiliate partners share/split and tracking
- Sales and opportunity management, production, volumes, profitability
- Customer satisfaction and service performance
- Revenue distributions
- Cost allocations
- Deal quality, deal profitability, average order value
“Compared to others, your innovations and ideas rate in the top 1%.”
SVP Sales & Service Support
$90 Billion Asset Bank
For information about our Design and Validation solutions, please contact us.
We can help. Let’s talk.
Solutions for Performance Compensation.
For the workforce, consumers, supply chain, and distribution channels.