Design + Validate
Performance compensation programs need to work as you intend and plan. To deliver success we provide new program design and existing program validation.
Designing and building are different. The better the plan, the better the outcome: but blue-printing an enterprise is easier than actually building it. Fixing structural flaws is simply faster, lower cost and lower risk when done in the design phase.
That truth applies to performance incentive compensation plans: especially when they fully-engage and integrate your workforce, customers, distribution channels, and supply-chains.
Plan Design: We will architect and build your desired performance compensation and reward program, or
Plan Validation: We will “Pre-Release Reality-Check” a program you’ve had someone else design, and provide analysis and recommendations on how to enhance it to be more effective, and to be successfully administered after you deploy it.
Since the mid-1980’s, our team has built and implemented thousands of compensation plans, serving millions of participants. We’ve learned what designs and features work, and many that don’t.
Some compensation plan designers don’t participate in actual program implementation, or in the medium- and long-term outcomes (or consequences) of their designs, so they don’t have to live in the ‘house’ that gets built: we do, and have.
Employee, Workforce and Business Unit Program Design and Validation:
- Sales revenue production, opportunity management, sales management
- Sales activities, results, volumes, revenues, mix, distributions
- Referrals, referral-to-sales, and referral productivity, intra- and inter-business unit
- Customer service, satisfaction and retention
- Service quality, time-to-resolution, error rates, accuracy, and service management
- Asset and liability quality, risk ratios, loss ratios, volatility
- Business Unit Productivity, profitability, yield, output, efficiency, cost optimization
- Performance ratings, competencies, training, and project-to-completion
- Revenue Recognition: performance obligations, judgments/estimates, contract balances, revenue adjustments
- MBOs and related bonuses
- Cash- and non-cash-based: all plans
- Reward and recognition programs
- Special Performance Incentives (SPIFFs)
- Merit Pay programs: individual and group
- Equity compensation programs; short-, medium-, long-term
- Revenue and profit sharing, fee splits, distributions
- Percentage, flat rate, one-time and recurring commissions
- Recoverable and non-recoverable draws
- Accelerators, qualifiers, and caps; Manager overrides at all hierarchy levels
- Lookback and pay-forward pay-outs, charge-back and prior period adjustment accounting
Customer, Client and Member Program Design and Validation:
- Business-to-Consumer, Business-to-Business
- Lifetime Relationship Values (LRV)
- Relationship Revenue Values (RRV)
- Relationship Engagement Ratios (RER)
- Valued Net Promoter Scores (VNPS)
- Customer Lifecycle Development
- Portfolio/relationship penetration, retention, enhancement, and profitability
- Account-based Management
- Pipeline/Revenue growth
- Customer engagement, loyalty, frequent-buyer
- Segmentation, migration and optimization
- Referrals and conversion-to-sales
- Service-level management
- Cash, points, in-kind
- Influencer and social impact
Distribution Channel Participant Program Design and Validation:
- Channel affiliate partners share/split and tracking
- Sales and opportunity management, production, volumes, profitability
- Customer satisfaction and service performance
- Revenue distributions
- Cost allocations
- Seed-to-shelf, seed-to-sale
- Network and referral marketing
- Deal quality, deal profitability, average order value
Supply Chain Participant Program Design and Validation:
- Sales and revenue production
- Referrals and conversion-to-sales
- Service quality, productivity, and yield
- Perfect order, cycle times, days-of-supply, billing accuracy
- Trade promotions
- Marketing campaign management productivity
- Co-operative Advertising
- Revenue Distributions
- Cost Allocations
“Compared to others, your ideas and innovations rate in the top 1%.”
SVP Sales & Service Support
$90 Billion Asset Bank
For information about our Design and Validation solutions, please contact us.
Strategy. Process. Tools. Success.
Omni-Channel Incentive Compensation.
Better Plans. Aligned Strategy. Full Service. Top Performance.